Hi makeup addicts!!! Today’s review is on the recent raved product MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer. I have a huge problem with the staying power of the lipsticks on my lips. Most of the lipstick do not stay put on my lips. When I heard the word “Lacquer” I was like hmmmm…. this sounds like a lip paint..I should give it a try. Well I did, and do not regret buying it!
Packaging is so nice!!!
Website says about this product:
“Smooch your way to red carpet glamour with MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers. Long – lasting and kiss proof, these intense formulas come in five rich, vampy shades. Encased in chic frosted glass packaging, these lacquers glide on with the ease of a gloss, drying in seconds into a matte velvety texture. They are the ultimate make-up bag must have.”
I bought three of the five colors: Reckless, Funk and Kooky. All of the three colors are gorgeous! I got it from Asteria, Bangladesh.
They look gorgeous!!
Here are the main features of MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers
- £3 each
- Opaque, high pigmented. Those who have pigmented lips go for it….it hides everything on your lips! Dipping the applicator into the lacquer just once is enough to get full coverage.
- Glides on the lip smoothly. Creamy in texture but when dry it becomes matte
- Fast drying. It takes about 2/3 minute to dry completely.
- Don’t press your lips together while drying otherwise it will smear.
- It has doe foot tip applicator
- The packaging is really good. It looks like a high end product. The tub is made of frosted plastic.
- It is a long lasting lip lacquer. I tend to eat normal lipsticks…I guess. But this lip lacquer was on my lips for 6 hours or more after eating oily food; it was a bit faded and when I got back home it was still there but bit more faded, but it was still there. I used a lip liner under this lip lacquer – it seemed to extend the staying power.
- When the lip lacquer dries I feel nothing on my lips. It feels very light. I used it in the winter and it doesn’t feel too dry on the lips. Although I put a lip balm before I applied this on my lips. Make sure you take off the excess lip balm gently with a tissue paper before applying the lip lacquer.
- It is 100% transfer proof. I had a glass of water after the lip lacquer dried. It did not left any stain on the glass. Also I press my lips on a tissue paper there was almost no stains on it.
- It can settle on the lines of the lips
- If you have dry lips and don’t use lip balm before applying it this lip lacquer may feel very dry on the lips and won’t look good.
- It is so opaque and pigmented that if you make a mistake when applying, it will take quite a bit of effort fixing it.
- Only 5 color options.
You should keep in mind while applying:
- Use a lip balm before applying the lip lacquer. But take off the excess lip balm.
- Line the lips and fill it up with a lip liner (preferably a water proof lip liner) of the same color of the lip lacquer.
- DO NOT layer the product on lips. Otherwise it won’t stay put and will be clumpy.
- Don’t press the lips together while applying and drying.
Funk! A lovely pink color which has blue undertone. But I think it is a bit too bright for my skin tone, I am NC 42-44
Kooky. I like this color too. But it is a bit darker than it looks in the picture
kooky and funk mixed. I like this mixture. It’s not so kooky not so funk.
1. Doe foot tip applicator 2. Reckless, Funk, kooky in day light. 3. Didn’t smudg a bit after I held my hands under running water.
Hope you enjoyed the review. Please let me know if it helped.