Hi lovelies! This post is a long due one. I have been using this foundation for three years and every time I use it I just cannot stop thinking how awesome it makes my skin. It is one of the most raved foundations all over the world. Yes! It’s none other than MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation.
MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation
This foundation has lots of color variation. I don’t think it difficult to find a match, although the MAC counter at Malaysia Airport matched me with NC 45 which is a bit darker from my skin tone. So I bought NC15 from Singapore Airport next year which I mix with my NC 45. I also highlight my face with it. So I will suggest you all to never throw away your foundation if it does not match your skin. You can always buy a lighter/darker one to match your skin and you can highlight/contour with it too. Just make sure the formulations are same since a water based foundation would not mix with an oil based one.
MAC NC 45 and NC 15
What the company says:
“A modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium, buildable coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15 protection. Applies, builds and blends easily and evenly. Comfortable and long-wearing, helps minimize the appearance of pores and imperfections, giving skin a smoother, more flawless look and finish.”
The main features and pros:
· Price: $ 27
· Amount: 30 ml/ 1.0 US fl. Oz.
· It comes in a nice glass bottle with black cap
· It has SPF 15 in it. So that is good if you are going out in a sun.
· Although MAC says it gives medium to buildable coverage. But I think it is a pretty full coverage foundation. This foundation hides all my acne scars and dark circles (my under-eye dark circles are not very dark but the 4/5 acne scars are pretty dark.)
· It does not give a cakey look but if you layer it too much it can look cakey.
· This foundation actually makes my skin look glowing and beautiful and most of my pores look invisible.
· It is a long lasting foundation. It stayed on perfect for 7/8 hours with setting powder in winter on my oily face. I look a bit oily after 4/5 hours in summer though. Summer in Bangladesh is really humid. My face sweats in summer a lot but I can still see most of the foundation on my face. I just have to be careful about blotting the sweat with tissue papers.
· I need only 2 drops of foundation to cover my whole face if I want a full coverage application. A little goes a long way.
· The foundation is really blendable. I use Sigma F80 for full coverage application and beauty blender for a light natural looking coverage.
· It has SPF so in photos it looks a bit unnatural. It gives a washed away effect. I wish it looked as good as it looks in real life.
· Smells like paint. It goes away though.
· MAC Studio Fix Fluid does not come with a pump. So it is difficult sometimes to control the flow.
· The foundation bottle is made of glass. You never drop the bottle on the floor ever!
· Quite pricey.
It has a thick consistency.
Without any makeup on
I have dotted the foundation all over my face. used the light one where I wanted to highlight and blended all with Sigma F80 brush (best ever brush for liquid/cream foundation)
All of my acne scars are invisible already on the right side of my face.
I have nothing but the MAC studio fix fluid foundation on my face.
All acne scars are 99% gone.
Tada!! flawless skin I have!! I swear it looked much better in real life than in the photos. As MAC studio fix fluid has spf 15 it gives a whitish tint in the photos.
I made this before-after picture for my facebook page. 🙂
Rating: 4.8/ 5
I love this foundation for the flawless look it gives me.